Verizon Connect, now fully on AWS, utilizes the Amazon Web Services (AWS) multiple Availability Zone (AZ) architecture for solutions that are secure, scalable and reliable, and also enable continued growth for Verizon Connect.
With Verizon Connect Reveal on AWS, we will be able to accelerate development, which will enable us to transform our platform. AWS allows us to get to market more quickly and deliver better experiences for customers, ultimately strengthening our position as a leading provider of fleet management software worldwide.
As a global leader in the connected vehicle space, Verizon Connect relies on technology infrastructure with the proven reliability and scale to monitor and optimize commercial fleets in near-real time. By running its fleet management system on AWS, Verizon Connect can help businesses all over the world use connected data to promote driver safety and sustainability, and reduce costs.
- Faster to market for features leveraging the latest technologies
- Reduced operating costs & improved cost visibility and optimization
- Enhanced business continuity and platform stability
- Reduced management, security, and compliance overhead
- Faster issue resolution: reduced MTTR
- A new multi-AZ Architecture maximizing AWS’s multi-AZ service capabilities, across multiple global regions to best service global customer demand, whilst improving platform stability and availability
- Auto-scaling of Verizon Connect services deployed across a multitude of AWS features, allowing our applications to automatically adjust capacity to maintain steady, predictable performance, also allowing us to optimize our costs
- Enhanced Security & Compliance through an automated image (AMI) update pipeline, automated patching, and Amazon’s ecosystem of security & compliance features
- Movement towards Serverless technologies, to further enhance our ability to scale to match customer demand, minimize Verizon’s overhead of Operating System management, and optimize cost
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster. For more information about AWS, visit: https://aws.amazon.com/