Getting a video from a camera
Sometimes, you might want to get a video that is not in your Event List. For example, someone might have crashed into one of your vehicles when it was parked. If the video is still on the camera’s SD card, you get the video and then watch it in Reveal or download a copy to keep.
To request a video, follow these steps:
- On the Video Event List page, choose GET VIDEO.
- To select a vehicle, open the Vehicle list and select the vehicle.
- A message confirms the time and date of the earliest available recording.
- Select a date and time and click NEXT. \ The video timeline displays.
- To open the video preview page, in the Timeline, drag the video until the required footage is with the selector, then choose PREVIEW VIDEO. \ Note: To view a preview, the vehicle must be in cellular range with the ignition turned on. A message on the Timeline tells you if the vehicle was inactive during the selected time range, or if there is no video footage available.
- To preview the selected time range, click the play icon.
- When the video is ready, you will receive an email notification, an alert in Reveal and a push notification to your mobile device. The video appears in the Event List with the Requested tag.