Connect to a vehicle
Automatically and manually connecting to/disconnecting the ELD LogBook app from a vehicle, and what to do if you lose your connection to your vehicle.
When you log in, the app will ask you to select the vehicle you wish to connect to.
The closest vehicles are displayed at the top of the list. To connect to a vehicle, select the vehicle name, then select Connect.
If you want to continue without selecting a vehicle, select Skip.
If you want to connect to a vehicle manually:
- In the top right corner of the screen, select the Vehicle icon.
The app searches for nearby vehicles. The closest vehicles are displayed at the top of the list.
2. Select the vehicle name, then Connect.
Note: If the vehicle icon is green, you are already connected to a vehicle.
You can also connect to a vehicle by selecting Setup in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. Then, under Vehicle Details, select Connect.
If your Bluetooth connection is lost unexpectedly, you can reset the connection in either of the following ways:
· Select More in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, scroll to Restart Bluetooth, then select Restart.
· Select the 3-dots icon in the top right corner of the screen, then select Restart Bluetooth.
No Vehicles Found message
If you see the 'No vehicles found' message, it may be because you are too
far from a vehicle, or the Bluetooth on your device is off.
Alternatively, the problem may be due to the type of Bluetooth you are using. By default, the app uses Bluetooth Classic. Some vehicle tracking units use a different standard, called Bluetooth Low Energy.
If you cannot find the vehicle you are looking for, switch and try again, as follows:
1. Select Setup from the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
2. Under Vehicle Details, choose Connect.
3. Select Bluetooth Low Energy from the dropdown menu.
3. Select a vehicle from the list and Connect.
Similarly, if your app is set to use Bluetooth Low Energy and you cannot find your vehicle, switch to Bluetooth Classic. When searching for a vehicle, the header indicates which Bluetooth standard is in use.
Disconnect from a vehicle
1. In the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, select Setup.
2. Under Vehicle Details, select Disconnect.
Note: If the truck icon in the app header is red, you are not connected to a vehicle.
Vehicle disconnection sound
By default, an alert sounds when your device disconnects from a vehicle. You can enable or disable this alert:
1. In the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, select More.
2. Under Support, toggle Vehicle Disconnection Sound.